Read Write Inc. is a complete Literacy programme taught for 20 - 40 minutes a day in Reception and an hour a day in Year 1 and Year 2. It is proven to develop fluent, enthusiastic and expressive readers; deep comprehension of texts; confident speakers and keen writers.
The programme provides teachers with an abundance of high quality resources and engaging texts. Children are taught to:
- learn to read and write letter-sound correspondences quickly.
- decode effortlessly, spell and hand write easily.
- comprehend what they read.
- read with fluency and expression.
- write confidently using oral rehearsal using the “say a sentence” and “hold a sentence” strategies.
- work effectively with a partner to talk-through learning at every step.